Welcome to The Modest Man®, the best men’s “fashion” blog for guys who want to look sharp and feel confident.
I say “fashion” because, around here, we don’t really focus on trends, designer clothing or runway shows.
Instead, we’re all about helping men build a timeless, versatile wardrobe that’s ready for any season or occasion.
This page will help you get the most out of this site. First off, my name is Brock. I run the show around here.
If you want to learn more about me, click here. If it’s your first time here, here’s what you should do right now:
#1: Download These Free Guides
I’ve put some of my best content into three free PDF guides (over 40 pages total):
- Clothing Alterations 101 – Mini guide on tailoring your shirts, jackets and pants
- TMM Clothing Care Guide – 27 page, in-depth guide to wardrobe maintenance
- How to Dress Taller – 11 crucial style tips for shorter men
Fill out this form to get all three free guides immediately:
Done? Cool. Moving on…
#2: Read These Articles First
When it comes to improving your lifestyle, there’s a lot of low hanging fruit. From upgrading your office wear to finding your new favorite hairstyle, TMM has your back:
- How to Dress Well: 9 Basic Style Tips for Men
- The Complete Guide to Business Casual Style
- A Guide to Business Casual Shoes
- How to Dress Well In Your 40s, 50s (and Beyond)
- Types of Suits: Bespoke vs. Made-to-Measure vs. Off the Rack
- How to Wear Shorts (and How Shorts Should Fit)
- Where to Buy Clothes for Shorter Men
- How to Find Your Style Aesthetic
- Clothing Alterations 101: Getting Your Clothes Tailored
- How to Build a Minimal, Essential Wardrobe
If you only read those 10 guides – and you put what you learn into practice – you’ll likely be the best dressed guy in most rooms.
#3: Get Inspired
Good artists copy, but great artists steal. If you need some outfit inspiration, feel free to borrow these looks:
👉🏻 A Sortable Collection of Men’s Outfit Ideas
On that page, you can filter by season or formality to find the perfect getup. Then click on an individual outfit to shop the look!
#3: Join the (Private) Club
By joining our private Facebook group, you’ll get access to hundreds of like-minded men who can give you instant feedback on outfits or recent purchases.
It’s just nice to have a support network of guys who want to look and feel their best. There’s really no other group like this on the Internet.
You’ll even get access to a few industry experts – other bloggers, clothes makers, etc. Click here to join the group today.
You have to be approved by me or another moderator, but we’ll make sure it happens ASAP.
#4: Check Out ‘The Modest Man Style Guide’
If you’re a shorter guy and have never been fully satisfied with your appearance, this guide was made specifically for you:
→ The Modest Man Style Guide ←
Complete with photos, it’s full of in-depth information about clothing fit, accessories, suits, shoes and more.
It’s reasonably priced, and it’s great for anyone under 5’10” who wants the crash course to better style.
#5: Give Yourself a High Five
It’s okay to care about your appearance. It’s okay to try.
The fact that you’re reading this means that you’re way ahead of most guys (who are taught that it’s not cool to care about appearance).
I’m so glad to be a part of your style journey. Welcome aboard!