Eleven of the Best Men's Style Blogs on the Internet
There are a ton of great resources out there for guys who want to up their style game. Unfortunately, not all of them are geared toward your body type (which is why I started The Modest Man).
That said, for the most part, the same rules apply to everyone. I put together this list to make sure you're aware of some of the best blogs and resources for men looking for fashion tips, ideas and inspiration. Enjoy!
Real Men Real Style
- Founded by: Antonio Centeno, who also founded ATailoredSuit.com, a company that offers custom suit and dress shirt packages designed for each individual by fashion experts.
- Core Value: Antonio's goal is: “To provide men the tools to educate themselves and build the wardrobe that best complements their individual style.” He wants to help you “start dressing like the man you know yourself to be.”
- Favorite Post: RMRS is literally a men's fashion encyclopedia, and their videos really take the cake, in my opinion. That said, one of my favorite posts is: 4 Components of Individual Style.
- Founded by: Dan Trepanier, who, according to Esquire magazine, is the “Best Dressed Real Man in America”. Dan believes that the most important aspect of any piece of clothing is how it fits.
- Core Value: A good style sense is “the ability to bring things together in an unexpected and original way, being creative with aspects such as fit, proportion, fabric, layering, accessories, etc., in order to create an image that is uniquely your own.”
- Favorite Post: “Dressing Your Body Type”: Tips for Short(er) Guys featuring Adam Lampell
- Founded by: Joe. That's really all I know about him.
- Core Value: “Fashion is temporary and expensive. Style is timeless and affordable.”
- Favorite Post: Growing up your style – Clothes to stop wearing in your 20s
The Effortless Gent
- Founded by: Barron Cuadro – lead editor of EG, freelance web designer and co-founder of menswear label Fifth&Brannan.
- Core Value: “Effortless Gent is all about a man's personal style, whatever his personal style may be. EG emphasizes classic and timeless looks that aren't outdated by next year, and the important of injecting your own taste into what you wear.”
Put This On
- Founded by: Jesse Thorn, who is also the host/producer of the radio program “The Sounds of Young America”.
- Core Value: Helping men dress like grownups by guiding them through the world of style with a sharp eye and sharp humor.
Primer Magazine (Style Section)
- Founded by: Andrew Snavely – American University graduate who currently resides in L.A.
- Core Value: “A guy's post-college guide to growing up – Affordable style, how-to's and self-development for the everyday 20-something man.”
- Favorite Post: Primer's Complete Visual Guide to Men's Shorts
- Founded by: Ben Herbert is a regular dude that started his own fashion blog/website because he couldn't find quality info for the average male who wants to look good without breaking the bank.
- Core Value: Help the “everyday man” get the information they need and develop their own personal style without buying into the latest and greatest designer trends each season.
- Favorite Post: Men’s Fashion Basics – Part 69 – Top 10 Items Every Guy Should Own (I also love Men’s Style Icon: Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
A Continuous Lean.
- Founded by: ACL was founded in 2007 by Michael Williams, who also co-founded the PR and marketing firm Paul+Williams.
- Core Value: To serve “as a discovery agent for those with an appreciation of quality, style and provenance”.
- Favorite Post: ACL Films (not a post, but very cool)
- Founded by: Tim Melideo, professional photographer and teacher in Los Angeles.
- Core Value: The name says it all…
- Favorite Post: This is actually a Tumblr blog, so there's not a lot of content, but there are a ton of great photos. Check 'em out!
- Founded by: A team that “was born and bred in the land of journalism”. I don't have details, but they have one of the coolest About pages I've seen in a while.
- Core Value: A concierge to a well-styled life for the 21st century gentleman.
- Favorite Post: The Style Browser (again, not an article, but a very cool tool for finding specific looks)
- Founded by: Josh, a fellow man of modest height who started writing about short men's style after going through the frustrating experience of trying to find the perfect suit to get married in. Josh (and his blog) are the inspiration behind The Modest Man. I've tried to get in touch with him, to no avail.
- Core Value: “When it comes to clothing, short men have truly been short shrifted.” For those of us under 5'9″ tall, there are clothes out there that fit. You just have to find them!
There are a ton of great fashion blogs out there, and there are also a handful of sites dedicated to helping men live better lives. These are just 11 of my favorite style blogs, so if you are looking for some new reading material, definitely check 'em out.
What are your favorite blogs and websites about men's lifestyle and fashion? Let me know by leaving comment!
New Posts & Videos Every Week
Never miss a new post or video! Sign up for free updates, and I'll send you the "How to Dress Taller" guide for free.