Alright, gentlemen, let’s tackle jeans. This is probably the one question I see the most: “What are best brand/type of jeans for short men?” It’s an important question because jeans are so versatile.
They are such a crucial piece of our wardrobe. You can wear them in so many ways, with so many outfits and for so many different occasions, which is why it’s essential to have at least a couple of pairs that fit you perfectly and that you feel great in.
So rather than reinventing the wheel, I’m going to dumb it down into five simple rules for buying jeans for short guys. Consider this the essential jean-buying guide for men of modest height:
- Stay away from baggy jeans. They won’t make you look bigger. In fact, they’ll make you look like a teenager who is trying to look bigger. If the word “relaxed” appears anywhere on the tags, walk away.
- Flare is your friend. A slight flare or boot cut can fill out your silhouette by adding width in the right places without looking baggy.
- Try straight leg. Many short men, especially those with average builds, look great in straight leg jeans. They’re not too tight, not too baggy. Just right.
- It’s all about the rise. While low rise jeans are trendy due to their modern, stylish look, they’re not for everyone. Rise is as important as length, but unlike length it’s not easily altered. Find a brand whose “low rise” works for you (my personal favorite is Lucky Brand).
- You can’t go wrong with dark wash. Light jeans are great for the casual affairs, but dark jeans can be worn anywhere. On casual Fridays, first dates, to the game, etc. Also, dark pants with a lighter shirt can have a heightening affect.
There you have it. Follow these five simple rules next time you are shopping for that perfect pair of jeans, and I guarantee you will be happy with your purchase. Make sure to buy a couple of pairs so you don’t have to hunt them down again next year.